Just Roasted Coffees French Press by Bodum: Instructions
Just Roasted Coffees presents Bodum's Chambord French Press
Making coffee with Bodum's Chambord French press is easy, and you'll enjoy your brew even more with this special gift set containing two 12-ounce Pavina double wall glasses. Because of its 8-cup capacity and elegant design, this French press is great for dinner parties, where you can now brew your guests' coffee right at the table. The Chambord press includes all the Bodum features you've come to expect: a polished stainless lid and holder, wide black handle and knob that stay cool, and a durable glass carafe. To use, simply measure out one rounded tablespoon of coarsely ground coffee per 4-ounce cup, pour in the hot water, wait a few minutes for it to brew, and slowly press down the plunger.
Uniquely designed, the two 12-ounce glasses are double-walled to resist heat and prevent condensation. So no matter what temperature the beverage is, the glasses remain comfortable to hold and safe for any tabletop. Crafted of borosilicate glass, which is also used to make scientific lab equipment, the pair is exceptionally strong, lightweight, and thermal. The scratch-resistant glasses are dishwasher- and microwave safe.
Editor's Note: Because the glasses are mouth blown, each one may have slight variations in height, thickness, and weight. Bodum recommends using care when placing ice into the glass to avoid fracturing the inner layer. Do not use metal spoons or place the glass into a crowded dishwasher.
Instructions for Use
1. Place pot on a dry, flat, nonslip surface. Hold handle firmly, then pull the plunger straight up and out of the pot.
2. For each 1.25-deciliter/4-ounce cup, put 1 rounded tablespoon or 1 Bodum scoop of coarse-ground coffee into the pot.
Caution: Use only coarse-ground coffee. Fine grind can clog the filter and create high pressure. Place coffee maker on a heatproof, nonslip surface.
3. Pour hot (not boiling) water into the pot. Leave a minimum of 2.5 centimeters/1 inch of space at the top. Stir the brew with a plastic spoon.
Caution: Metal spoons can scratch or chip the glass beaker and cause breakage.
4. Place the plunger unit on top of the pot. Turn lid to close off the pour spout opening. (Does not apply to the Brazil models.) Do not press down. Let the coffee brew for at least 4 minutes.
5. Hold the pot handle firmly, with the spout turned away from you, then using just the weight of your hand, apply slight pressure on top of the knob to lower the plunger straight down into the pot. Lowering the plunger slowly with minimal pressure produces best results. If the filter clogs or it becomes difficult to push down the plunger you should remove the plunger from the pot, stir the brew, and then slowly plunge again.
WARNING: Using excessive force can cause scalding liquid to shoot out of the pot.
6. Turn the lid to open the pour spout and then pour coffee.
7. Unscrew the filter assembly and clean the plunger unit after each use. All parts are dishwasher-safe.
* Not for stovetop use.
* Check glass beaker for scratches, cracks, or chips. Do not use a pot that is scratched, chipped, or cracked. Install a replacement beaker before using the pot again.
* Keep children away while using. Hot water is a hazard to small children!
* Do not allow children to use this coffeemaker.
* Excessive plunging force can cause scalding hot liquid to shoot out of pot.
* Do not plunge with force.
* Turn lid to close spout.
* Use only coarse-ground coffee.
Bodum's French press makes it easy: coffee, water, wait, enjoy. Simply measure out one rounded tablespoon of coarsely ground coffee per 4-ounce cup, pour in the hot water, wait a few minutes for it to brew, and slowly press down the plunger. Next comes the best part, as you get to enjoy a cup of rich and aromatic coffee. Because of its 8-cup capacity and elegant design, this French press is great for dinner parties, where you can now brew your guests' coffee right at the table. Bodum has been in the coffee business for decades, and the company continues to produce stylish, affordable, and reliable products.